Tygarts Valley High School is located in
Randolph County, West Virginia.
We are a middle school-senior high school with a student population of around 500.
The school colors are Red and White, and the mascot is the bulldog.
Preparing today for a successful tomorrow.
History of Tygarts Valley High School
Tygarts Valley opened its doors for the first time in 1923-1924 as a three story building to house what had previously been the Huttonsville District High School. That first academic year had a graduating class of 27 students. The gymnasium and additional classrooms were completed in 1950. In the 1970s, an annex was built behind the gym, and an 8 classroom junior high section was added. In 2001, we moved into the newly constructed portion of Tygarts Valley High School. It replaced the 75-year-old main section of the school. Technologically upgraded, our school is equipped with computers, ELMOs, SMARTboards, clickers and projectors, affording our students the needed preparation to enter the fast-paced, global society of 21st century.